Acceptance of Terms
By applying to, registering for and participating in a MRC certifying online course, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions, you may not register for or participate in an MRC online course.
Our certifying professional development courses are intended for health professionals. In some circumstances, enrolments from final-year students may be considered. Please reach out to email@example.com to discuss your specific circumstances.
Payment of course fees are for one (1) participant per enrolment only.
Course enrolment is complete when the participant has paid the full fees of the course prior to the commencement date.
Course commencement is effective from the date you can access the materials (i.e., the first day of term) and access is granted for a period of 12 months.
Course discounts for prior learning cannot be added to an enrolment retrospectively and must be added/applied for at the time of enrolment.
While enrolments are not transferable to other students, course transfers may be available in limited and exceptional circumstances. Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your specific circumstances. An incurred administrative fee of $50 applies (as per our deposit, fees and refund policy).
Our certifying professional development courses are intended for health professionals.
There are no other prerequisites for the “Naturopathic & Functional Medicine Approaches to Gastrointestinal Disorders”.
Graduation from the “Naturopathic & Functional Medicine Approaches to Gastrointestinal Disorders” course is a prerequisite for enrollment in the “The Advanced Microbiome Manipulation” course.
Unlimited Access for 12 months
Unlimited access means that your course access does not expire from the commencement date for the course you have enrolled into, for a period of 12 months. Therefore, as long as you are active any time during the 12 months period, your login and password will remain active so that you can access the course content.
No extensions will be provided beyond the end date of 12 months.
All downloadable notes and documents pertaining to the course need to be saved before the 12 months period. Past that date, the MRC will not keep notes pertaining to the study period.
Course Materials Access
The courses’ materials are supplied exclusively in an online environment on the third party Teachable platform, accessible 24/7, and in weekly live sessions on Zoom at a predetermined date.
Courses notes, supplemental material and transcripts of live sessions may be downloaded and saved. Pre-recorded lectures and live sessions recordings may not be downloaded.
Technical Support and Access
If you are unable to access an online course, MRC will use reasonable endeavours to provide a solution where MRC has direct control over the system, software or settings involved.
If the issue lies with Teachable, you will need to contact their support service for further help. https://sso.teachable.com/secure/teachable_accounts/help
If the issue lies with your hardware, systems, software or settings thereof, MRC may, in its discretion, provide assistance to you to help you resolve the issue but we cannot guarantee that any assistance provided will resolve your issue.
You also accept and acknowledge that the MRC cannot be held responsible for any delay or disruptions to your access to the course as a result of such suspension or any of the following:
- Teachable experiencing a temporary or permanent interruption to their service, from maintenance or other causes. In the event of a permanent interruption, arrangements will be made to host the course on another platform.
- The operation of the internet and the World Wide Web, including but not limited to viruses.
- Any firewall restrictions that have been placed on your network or the computer you are using to access the course.
- Failures of telecommunications links and equipment.
- Browser issues, including due to the lack of updates, or as the result of an update.
The MRC will use reasonable endeavours to make the online course available but cannot guarantee uninterrupted, timely or error free availability or that defects will be corrected. The MRC reserves the right to suspend access to the website for the purpose of scheduled or emergency maintenance, repairs or upgrades to improve the performance or functionality of the website.
You accept and acknowledge that periods of downtime may be required in respect of the information technology infrastructure connected to the website and that technical assistance may not be available during such periods of downtime.
You accept and acknowledge that you have read the terms and conditions of access for the Teachable platform.
Further, you accept that you will not have a claim for breach of contract or otherwise in respect of any period of unavailability.
Intellectual property and copyright
The content of the online courses materials, copyright (including future copyright and rights in the nature of, or analogous to, copyright); trademarks, service marks and other related marks; and all other associated goodwill contained therein, remain the property of Dr Hawrelak and the MRC.
You may not:
- Reproduce, in full or in part, any related confidential information provided in live sessions, such as protocols, know-how or any shared confidential and de-identified case studies.
- Reproduce, scan or copy, alter, modify, translate, in whole or in part, the lecture materials except for the sole purpose of completing the course.
- Permit the course materials, in whole or in part, to be reproduced, scanned, copied, combined with, or become incorporated into any other materials, including online material.
- Download, screen or audio capture or record the lecture videos or recorded live session videos, in full or in part; nor use any video in full or in part, to share online, in social media, or in audio format such as podcast or use in your own website or be incorporated in any material.
Condition of certification
To qualify for a certification, students are required to complete the nominated course in the time frame and conditions advised by the MRC:
- The courses need to be completed within 3 months of enrollment. In limited and exceptional circumstances, and on prior agreement with MRC, the courses’ completion period may be extended to up to 6 months.
- All multiple choice quizzes need to be passed at a minimum grade of 60% (2 attempts permitted).
- All outstanding payments need to be finalised, should there still be any remaining.
Upon meeting the condition of graduation, participants will receive a certificate of completion with nominal hours for CE/CPE purposes; a certification logo for the course undertaken which may be used on a business website and a listing as a certified practitioner on the MRC website within 7 business days.
It is the participant’s responsibility to provide accurate information for the MRC website listing and to inform the MRC about any change of details pertaining to the listing.
Maintenance of certification
MRC re-certification reassures the patients/clients that we ensure that MRC certified practitioners remain the most trusted source for natural and functional GIT care and microbiome analysis and manipulation. The purpose of MRC maintenance of certification is to promote continued competence through professional development and lifelong learning.
MRC certified practitioners are required to recertify every five years to maintain their credential and listing with the MRC.
Terms and Conditions Breach
A breach of terms and conditions occurs when any person performs an act prohibited by the terms and conditions and includes (but not limited to):
- The sharing of user IDs and passwords.
- Plagiarism and failure to comply with intellectual property and copyright law.
- Users attempting to inappropriately download videos.
- Users making any false or fraudulent declaration or providing false or misleading information, or failing to provide information where there is a requirement to do so.
- Students making any claim for, or fraudulent use of logos for certifying courses they are not a graduate of.
A breach of terms and conditions may lead to instant loss of course access and/or certification rights.
The Certifying Courses are for training purposes only. The Microbiome Restoration Centre will not accept any responsibility to any party for the use of the content of the course materials for any purpose other than training for educational purposes, including but not limited to, the giving of advice by you to any third party.
When you register with us you will need to provide certain data such as your contact details and demographic information. We will store this data and use it to contact you, provide you with details of the course you have purchased and otherwise as required during the normal provision of the course.
We may also use the above data, and similar data you provide us in response to surveys, to aggregate user profiles and, unless you click on the relevant button on the Registration Form, provide you with communications.
To enable us to monitor and improve our services, we gather certain aggregated information about you, including details of your operating system, browser version, domain name and IP address, the URL you came from and go to and the parts of the Website you visit.
We use information such as your User ID, session identifiers and password to enable us to identify whether you are using our services, assist with the provision of services and to ensure that you have access to relevant products. We will only read cookies from your cookie file placed there through your web browser’s interaction with the Website.
We will not pass any personal data onto anyone outside of the Microbiome Restoration Centre and its sister company, the Probiotic Advisor.
Our practitioner listings may link to third party websites and we are not responsible for their data policies or procedures or their content.
The MRC and the Probiotic Advisor’s courses content is linked to the Teachable third party platform and we are not responsible for their data policies or procedures.
The MRC and the Probiotic Advisor endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect your personal data including the use of encryption technology, but cannot guarantee the security of any Data you disclose. You accept the inherent security implications of being and transacting on-line over the internet and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security.
Your financial data
Law and Jurisdiction
This Agreement is subject to the Australian and NSW law and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the NSW courts in connection with any dispute hereunder.
You can contact us via email:
ABN: 16 163 747 402